Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Poor Vision Saves Ego

At the Globe Run For Home event on July 19 '09, while I was clutching my knees trying to recover near the finish line from my relatively successful 5K walk-jog-run, I was waiting for my wife to finish her own 5K when a mom with her little boy and little girl crossed the finish line just about 30 seconds behind me, each child happily clinging to each of their mom's hands. The mom said quite excitedly, "Great job you guys!", then I thought, man, they aren't even sweating or catching their breaths. Amazing.

Thank God I didn't notice in what color scheme their race bibs were printed! Ha? Ano koneksyon non?!?

That way I can't tell if they were part of the 5K group. Hehe. I'll just say they raced in the 3K category and save me the bruised ego. Maybe they didn't even have race numbers, who knows.

Image credit: photo-hdr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment