Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Uncooperative Face

At the races, there's the occasional little kid of about 8-10 years of age who just happens to manage to run just ahead of me throughout the event where I can conveniently spot him/her. In fact, a boy of about 10 years finished with his Dad immediately right before us at the Robinson's Buddy Run last week. They hovered around us, in front of us, just a bit behind us, and just plainly within earshot of us throughout five kilometers of fun and self-torture. I can just imagine what he might have been thinking.

Dad, tignan mo yung isang lalaki o. Parang di nya yata kayang tumakbo, pero bakit sumali pa rin sya, Dad?

Well, I really did want to join the race and my mind was made up. It's just that my body and my face did not want to cooperate with my brain that time.

Image credit: galvestonbeachsidecondos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment